Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curt wrote:

This is the only thing I could find regarding the issue that only admin group can access the server via sshd.

Unfortunately, it still DON'T WORK!

Curt, you really need to get a grip on yourself.  It's clear that you're
frustrated by the problems you've seen but venting to the list repeatedly
doesn't inspire people to volunteer their time to get involved with you
on your problems.  Also, I would recommend that you choose subjects to
convey more about your issue.  "NEWBIE" and "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!" don't
really convey much information and may cause readers of this list to
simply pass over the whole thread based on the assumption that if the
subject doesn't grab their interest, there's no need to view the contents.

I swear I don't recall having this problem with my 2K install but maybe I just let them into the admin group like a moron.

Probably why that server crashed in the end.

Anyway, any sugestions?

Sorry, I don't have W2K3 SBS.  I can say that I was able to create a
restricted user on both W2K and XP with which I could ssh into localhost
with just fine.  I, of course, had to regenerate my '/etc/passwd' and
'/etc/group' files.  But otherwise, it worked just as expected, even when
I logged in as that user for the first time through 'ssh'.  I didn't need
to change permissions of any files anywhere in my file system to make
this work.

If you're having trouble with the users you're creating, I'd recommend
that you start from the beginning and document the minimal set of steps
you take.  Perhaps if you post that, someone here may be willing to
follow them and see if there's a missing step or two in the process
that you're missing.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746