Tab Completion and Typical Behavior

I have a question about tab completion in the console window. The
.bash_profile exports the right paths and the console performs tab
completion. My scripts can be found in ~/bin. I can tab out
myscript.sh, but can not tab complete ./myscript.sh; or sh
myscript.sh. Is this behavior normal? Can I change the console
behavior to tab out ./myscript.sh?

#.bash_profile
# Set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "${HOME}/bin" ] ; then
   PATH=${HOME}/bin:${PATH}
fi