Re: can t run cygrunsrv -S sshd : win32 error 1058

yohann rebattu wrote:
Le vendredi 16 mars 2007 à 12:19 -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) a écrit :
Yohann Rebattu wrote:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because
it has no enabled devices associated with it.The service cannot be
started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled
devices associated with it.

to get here i fallowed the aboves steps:

run ms-dos command line windows
type: change user /install

install cygwin with all admin tools, openssh openssl tcp wrapper, vim,
rsync.

then run ssh-host-config.

here i notice the fisrt odd thing: the sshd user is created but
disabled.
the cygwin ssh service is created.

then i run cygrunsrv -S sshd
and i got the error.

i didn't dare just activate sshd user because:
1) last time i did this it didn't correct the error
2) i just reinstall cygwin, "from scratch" (i ran cygrunsrv -R sshd,
then i deleted the entire e:\cygwin directory, and i deleted the entries
HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/Software cygnus solution and
HKEY/local-user/software/cygnus solution before to reinstall cygwin)

and so i still get the error.
please help me, i really don't know what to do more know, is there a spécial way to activate the user sshd?
doe someone know why the sshd user have been created disabled?

i'm a bit disapointed because since my first installation where i didn't
know what to do to set the ssh server up, i did install cygwin on 3
other servers with no problem, and on this particular one it doesn't
seems to work, could it be because it is a W2k server and the others
were W2k3 windows server?

Maybe. I suggest enabling the sshd user first. If that doesn't work, modify the ssh-host-config script to create a user to run 'sshd' as, which is what happens on W2K3.

Thank you for anwer me.

so i fisrt try to enable the sshd user, then i ran

cygrunsrv -S sshd

i get the same error so i modify the ssh-user-config script:

on line 436 i changed

if [$_nt2003 -gt 0]
in
if [ 1 ]
so i'm considered as runing on a w2k3.

then ssh-host-config say me i appear to be running Windows 2003 and
later systems...

Shoulf this script create a new local acount sshd-server which has the
required privilleges
yes

plese enter password for sshd_server
password

Error un addUserRights <LsaAddAccountRights returned
0xc000060=STATUS_NO_SUCHPRIVILLEGE

Assingning the approproate privilleges to user 'sshd_server' failed!
Can't create sshd service!

i realy don't know what to do know
any ideas?

Try running the script as "Administrator".

Holliston, MA 01746