Re: pthread question - should this program run - does on Linux

Brian Keener wrote:
> Ahhh,
>
> found it. ?I get the same thing Alex does if I change my startup for Cygwin. ?
> Force of habit from Unix machine I like to see the login prompt when I start?
> Cygwin. ?So I have my cygwin.bat set to use the login program as shown here:
<snip>
> So question - is this a result of using the Start command or the fact I am?
> using the start command with the login program. ?Any ideas.

Yes I found it but it is neither of my suppositions as to the Start command or the
login program.  Turns out it is my CYGWIN setting in my Cygwin.bat file.  This
post is to simply clear this thread for future seekers.

Turns out my CYGWIN variable has always been set to:

CYGWIN=binmode ntsec nostrip_title title tty

and I just never thought about it.  I like seeing the tty0 and tty1 and so on as
opposed to console.  What I discovered was that if I leave the tty setting on
CYGWIN then in bash my mythread_simple program has problems.  Leave my cygwin.bat
and my start commands alone and simply remove the tty from CYGWIN :

CYGWIN=binmode ntsec nostrip_title title

and my mythread_simple works as expected.

Problem solved - thanks Alex for confirming it should run.

bk