Re: Tab Completion and Typical Behavior

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:24:48 -0400, "Larry Hall (Cygwin)"
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:

>robert_neville310@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I have a question about tab completion in the console window. The
>> .bash_profile exports the right paths and the console performs tab
>> completion. My scripts can be found in ~/bin. I can tab out
>> myscript.sh, but can not tab complete ./myscript.sh; or sh
>> myscript.sh. Is this behavior normal? Can I change the console
>> behavior to tab out ./myscript.sh?
>>
>> #.bash_profile
>> # Set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
>> if [ -d "${HOME}/bin" ] ; then
>>    PATH=${HOME}/bin:${PATH}
>> fi
>

>WFFM.  Assuming the script is executable, it should work.  But if it isn't
>executable, I would expect that it wouldn't work for either variant.  But
>maybe you have two versions of 'myscript.sh', one in ~/bin and one
>elsewhere, where the one elsewhere is executable and the one in ~/bin is
>not.  If not, I'd recommend reading the bash man page for helpful hints.

I can tab out myscript.sh, but can not tab complete ./myscript.sh; or
sh myscript.sh. I have double-checked the following.

These scripts are executable.
Created a new executable script (for a distinct name)

The bash man page had a section about completion, but did not contain
any troubleshooting suggestions. It also led me to believe that Bash
would tab complete in these scenarios; ./myscript.sh and sh
myscript.sh

Again, I do not have full familarity with Bash or cygwin; or the time
to read all the literature available.  Please let know if any other
suggestions. Many Thanks.