Re: Using mysql 5.1.16 beta client libraries on cygwin

Roelf Renkema wrote:

> Where's cygwin's php and/or mysql. They probably got a lot going against
> them but they are peoples choise. At least some communication would be
> nice. And now riscing the lart, why doesn't cygwin cross the border and
> take advantage of ported software. Lets face it, cygwin will never bring
> posix to windows, but if it just posixs windows with a few cheats that
> nobody cares about hey.......

You ask as if somebody decided NOT to do this.  That's exactly the
opposite of it, the only reason any packages don't exist is because
nobody volunteered to do it.  Once somebody does, they will be there.

And in fact if you use Cygwin Ports you can already install mysql just
like any other package in setup.exe.  I don't think Cygwin Ports has PHP
though.  The build infrastructure for PHP doesn't support Cygwin and
it's a real nightmare to try to work with.

Brian