Re: scp doesn't copy - neither returns an error message

* Thomas Wiedmann (Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:37:49 +0200)
> > Search the package list for the 'rebase' package.
>
> Meanwhile I found and downloaded the package rebase-2.4-1.tar.bz2,
> decompressed it and saved the files in the relevant subdirectories of
> C:\Programme\OpenSSH.

Seems like you neither used Setup.exe nor put the files in the correct
folder.

> Trying to run rebaseall I've got a message like "Entrypoint not found ..."
> (in German: Einstiegspunkt nicht gefunden ...).

You're snipping the DLL in which it was not found

> Looks, that the correct installation for resolving my original scp problem
> is rather complicated.
>
> What to do else to make scp run (and rebase and - what else is required
> ...)? Please in detailed description - to avoid misunderstandings.

Okay, it won't get any simpler: delete everything you've setup so far,
delete the Cygwin registry entries and run Setup again. Choose OpenSSH
and be happy.

Cygwin is an environment and you can't just download single packages and
expect them to magically work...

Thorsten