RE: Failed building GCC 4.1.2 on Cygwin

On 29 March 2007 16:03, wei wrote:

> When building it I found an error in auto-generated file
> /gcc/configargs.h.If having interest,copy the code below and compile it
> with gcc,see what the results will be.
>
> static const char configuration_arguments[] = "../gcc-4.1.2/configure
> -prefix=/opt/gcc412
> ";

> After appending opt/bin to PATH,g++4.1.2 can work.

  This looks to me like you made a typo on the command line.  You need two
dashes before the --prefix option, not one.  That's why gcc didn't know where
to look for its files.

> It seems include files and library's path have been set automaticly.
> Where are the settings?I typed set to list all environment variables,but I
> didn't see LIBRARY_PATH,C_INCLUDE_PATH and so on.

  They're based on $prefix and compiled directly into the gcc.exe driver
program - hence the problems!

> After building gcc,I wanted to build g++.but I didn't know how to build it
> alone.So after unziping gcc-g++-4.1.2.tar.bz2 I used the configure file in
> gcc-core-4.1.2.tar.bz2.Did the generated makefile rebuild gcc-core?

  Yes, this is fine; you just untar gcc-core plus whatever additional
languages you want into the same place, and the standard configure file from
gcc-core will include all of them in your build.

    cheers,
      DaveK