RE: multiple cygwin installs

On 30 March 2007 10:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Mar 30 09:33, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 30 March 2007 08:58, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Btw., do they provide the source codes for the Cygwin DLL and their
>>> tools?
>>   ... because rebuilding their tools from source into your standard cygwin
>> install is probably quite a good bet...
> I was actually referring to the licensing implications...

  Well, in a kind of way, so was I... the licensing implications being
"They've gotta give you the source if you ask for it!"[*]  Or to put it
another way, the licensing implications being "You're free[**] from crippling
dependency on the supplier's little quirks".

[*] - oversimplified for purposes of not having a long discussion to clarify
what is best expressed by simply referring to
[**] - as in beer.[***]
[***] - no, wait a minute.  as in speech.[****]
[****] - look, i was up hacking on a compiler until 6am.... i'm not entirely
sure /what/ i mean...