Re: Setup error: "URL Scheme not registered!" (solution)

 <cygwin.overbored <at> spamgourmet.com> writes:

> Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
> Type: St16invalid_argument
> Message: URL Scheme not registered!

I found that downloading from multiple mirrors was the primary cause of this
failure!

In the location known to the installer, I download updates and then in a second
pass Install from Local Disk.  WHEN more than one mirror's data was stored in
a subdir, this error occured using the latest setup.exe.

>From another post, I also learned that the spaces in
"\documents and settings\userprofile\downloads\cygwin_pkgs" could be a problem,
so I relocated the directory to C:\cygwin_pkgs.

With these two changes, the St16invalid_argument was avoided and the updates were
properly applied.

Best wishes