Re: scp doesn't copy - neither returns an error message

Thomas Wiedmann wrote:
WAG: Because it isn't cygwin ssh at all! I reckon it's probably some 3PP
version and if we'd been shown the cygcheck output we'd have seen the
"Duplicated DLLs problem".

What means: WAG? What means 3PP? What is a 3 PP version?

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/>

What is the duplicated DDL's problem?

You can't use more than 1 copy of cygwin1.dll. 3PP often ignore this and install their own, leading to problems.

By the way (answer to previous question):
It's true, I installed the OpenSSH package some time ago; I cannot say any more, when it was; so it may be no real Cygwin package. Nevertheless I wonder, why there is a scp.exe, appearing that an scp command my run, but it doesn't.

Since it's your machine and we have no idea what you might have done with
it, you are better equipped to find the answer than folks on this list are.
The answer will, however, likely provide insight into any Cygwin problems
you're having in general.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746