RE: Vista File Permission Problems

I have successfully installed the application under Vista Business.

I ran the following commands as I use a Windows 2003 Domain server at my
office:

       mkpasswd -l -d > /etc/passwd
       mkgroup -l -d > /etc/group

Now, the permissions look correct.

The strange behaviour I am getting now is that I can only edit a file one
time.

I edit the file the first time with vim, then I try to save it and it says
it is a read-only file. I then use w! and it write the file properly.
However, if I go back into the file again, w! gives me the following error:

E212: Can't open file for writing

I should point out that I have this running well on other systems in the
same office with no problems (but not running Vista). Also it looks like the
file permission flags on the files are not setup properly and show up as
being unset. Of course I can't change them because I get permission errors.

Does anyone know what is going on here or how I can fix this?

Regards,
Sergio Del Rio
Templates 4 Business Inc.
Phone: (604) 529-1544