Running OpenOffice from in cygwin.

I have been trying to open OpenOffice to read MSWord files from inside a
script in cygwin. I figured out how to add OpenOffice to my path, but it
still failed. I then went back to trying on the command line.

The script had left the document in /tmp/ME3268/WSPC.doc. So:-

a) In /tmp/ME3268 - "swriter WSPC.doc" opens fine.
b) In /tmp - "swriter ME3268/WSPC.doc" opens fine.
c) In / - "swriter tmp/ME3268/WSPC.doc" opens fine.
d) Anywhere  - "swriter /tmp/ME3268/WSPC.doc" does not open and leaves no
messages. It seems to not like a full path.

The script was of course running in my home directory and uses the full
path. Is this a cygwin problem or an OpenOffice problem? Does anyone
understand what is going on? I have of course found a work around, but
it is messy.

Regards, Brian.

--
       Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)    b_duke@bigbond.net.au
       Post: 626 Melbourne Rd, Spotswood, VIC, 3015, Australia