Re: file permissions on vista

Hello Brian,

Brian Dessent wrote:
I can't reproduce this. I right click and create a new Notepad file
foo.txt, it has the permissions:

may be you have deactivated the UAC as morgan suggested?
The permissions on a file created with native Windows methods should
inherit from the parent folder, following standard NTFS rules, so maybe
you need to look at what the containing folder's permissions are set to.

I see. Indeed, the access right on the \cygwin\c was 000, then I did a chmod u+rwx on this folder,
but of course, vista is not aware of that and I suppose that NTFS still consider that c has no right,
thus any folder and file created in c:.
However, I have no idea how to manage those rights on vista.
Do you know any reasonable documentation on those access rights on vista.
Also, how are mapped the vista rights to the cygwin rights?

Thanks, Arnaud.