Re: CVS 1.7.0 heap errors

On Jun 27 09:22, Brian Ford wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >[...]
> > > I'm pretty sure I've identified the change, but I don't see any obvious
> > > cause.  Corinna, do you have any suggestions about where to target or how
> > > to specifically dig deeper?  Thanks.
> > >
> > > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2007-q1/msg00139.html
> >
> > I can't reproduce this problem on XP,
>
> Any chance you could try it with a /3gb appended to your boot.ini and
> reboot; just in case?

Done.  I can't reproduce this problem with /3GB either, sorry.

> > Or, did you try if setting the heap_slop_in_mb registry value to some
> > different value (default 0 up to XP, 4 since 2K3) helps?
>
> I'll give it a try, but I guess I'd like to find out what the conflict is.
> Any tips on how to catch this in the debugger or if inserting some sort of
> vitual query would be informative?

Not really, except for the obvious.  Try to find out what already uses
the address area which is used as heap in the parent, and perhaps why.
You could also try to eliminate any change from
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2007-q1/msg00139.html which is not
related to your problem, so that only the exact change causing it is
highlighted.  That might give us an idea, hopefully.

Corinna

Red Hat