Re: Unix tar file with colons in archived file names

gmoney3138 wrote:

> When the cygwin tar recognizes this, due to Windows restrictions, the output
> file is not properly extracted.  I Googled around and found options for

Use a managed mount or "--transform s,:,_,g".

I'm not sure what this --force-file you mention is but it's not a valid
tar option.  --force-local might have been what you were looking for,
however the purpose of that is for overriding the meaning of colon when
specifying the name of the input file to read, not for dealing with
filenames inside a tarball that contain a colon, so it's irrelevant to
this case.

Brian