Re: Using RSH on Windows 2003 server?

I realize that ssh is safer, but my boss said that he wants rsh because
that is what the rest of our computers are running, or something along
those lines.  I even got ssh to work, and he still said that he wanted
rsh.  Believe me, I was pushing for ssh.  I now get a different answer,
however, when I run rsh commands ("Permission denied.")  Is anyone
willing to help?

Thanks,
Adrian

*  (Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:05:17 -0400)
> I'm trying to rsh into a computer that is running Windows 2003 server,
> but I get the error "No Remote Directory."  I can, however, ftp and
> telnet into that same box, and when I ping it, the test comes back as
> successful.  Anyone have any ideas?

 <broken record>
  rsh is an inherently unsecure protocol.  Don't use it.  Don't use
  the excuse that this is on a local corporate network only.  You
  have no idea who's sniffing on your network.  Better use a secure
  protocol instead, like ssh.  All services provided by the OBSOLETE
  rsh/rlogin/telnet interfaces are provided in a much more secure
  way by ssh.
  </broken record>