This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ntfs ObCaseInsensitive & cygwin?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:06:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: ntfs ObCaseInsensitive & cygwin?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 11:21:45AM +1200, Morgan Read wrote:
>Lots of refs to the case sensitivity nightmare in archives, but couldn't
>find any to ntfs' obcaseinsensitive registry option
>dword:ObCaseInsensitive see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817921)
>So, does anyone know:
>* If this provides case sensitivity to cygwin (as it seems to to
>* If this works on XP Home?...
>* If it's necessary to install SFU/Interix to give it effect?
>* If it applies to the whole file system or just the Interix "Subsystem"
>(if that's a file system thing)?
>* If there's a way to query the system to see if it "thinks" it's
Sorry but there are too many strcasecmp's sprinkled throughout cygwin's
code to feel confident that it would work well at all.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html