Re: ntfs ObCaseInsensitive & cygwin?

"Corinna Vinschen" <> wrote in message">
On Jul 31 11:21, Morgan Read wrote:
Hi Folks

Lots of refs to the case sensitivity nightmare in archives, but couldn't
find any to ntfs' obcaseinsensitive registry option
(HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\kernel\
dword:ObCaseInsensitive see here:

So, does anyone know:
* If this provides case sensitivity to cygwin (as it seems to to

* If there's a way to query the system to see if it "thinks" it's

Only under a non-Win32 subsystem.

Umm.. CreateFile() is a win32 API command.
It supports a "FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS" attribute, which claims to allow case sesitive files? Does that not do anything? I would have thought that would give case sensitive access through the win32 API if ObCaseInsensitive was set to 0.

I agree however, that for the most part the Win32 subsystem's API does not really have much support for case-sensitive access.
It would make better sense to utilize the native NT API for case sensitive access.