This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Linux kernel compilation for x86 on Cygwin
- From: Claudio Scordino <cloud dot of dot andor at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:26:42 +0200
- Subject: Linux kernel compilation for x86 on Cygwin
I'm trying to compile the Linux kernel using the gcc toolchain of cygwin.
This time, I'm trying to compile the kernel for the host machine (x86).
I'm using a managed mountpoint (should I mount the mountpoint with the
--executable or --text options too ?) and I have installed gcc-core, gcc-g++,
binutils, cpio, make, patch, tar, vim, gettext, libintl and libncurses on cygwin
using the setup.exe
However, I'm encountering the following problems.
Any help or suggestion is very welcome.
Many thanks in advance,
1) make HOST_LOADLIBES="-lintl"
Error: not ELF
make: *** [scripts/mod/elfconfig.h] Error 1
make: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make: *** [scripts] Error 2
2) make HOST_LOADLIBES="-lintl" menuconfig
$ make HOST_LOADLIBES="-lintl" menuconfig
In file included from scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.c:24:
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h:32:20: curses.h: No such file or directory
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html