This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSHD install problem
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:07:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: SSHD install problem
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Jean-Claude Gervais (Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:44:44 -0400)
> Thank you very much for trying to help me, I appreciate it. I have tried
> many different things to get this working including erasing my old
> cygwin folder and reinstalling cygwin.
> The instruction you supplied executes without error, but when I try to
> start the sshd service, it still will not start and looking in
> the /var/log/sshd.log file, I still see the same error message.
Try "chown SYSTEM /var/empty" and "chmod 700 /var/empty". Sshd logs
also to the event logs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html