This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSHD install problem - SOLVED
- From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc dot gervais at videotron dot ca>
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:09:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: SSHD install problem - SOLVED
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you, Thorsten!
That fixed the problem! TERRIFIC! Thanks again!
On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 12:07 +0100, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Jean-Claude Gervais (Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:44:44 -0400)
> > Thank you very much for trying to help me, I appreciate it. I have tried
> > many different things to get this working including erasing my old
> > cygwin folder and reinstalling cygwin.
> > The instruction you supplied executes without error, but when I try to
> > start the sshd service, it still will not start and looking in
> > the /var/log/sshd.log file, I still see the same error message.
> Try "chown SYSTEM /var/empty" and "chmod 700 /var/empty". Sshd logs
> also to the event logs.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html