This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Git error on Cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:46:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Git error on Cygwin
- References: <46AE1D67.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46AF263A.email@example.com> <46AF483D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46AFD107.email@example.com> <46B1A9DE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46B1CD4A.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 06:25:46AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>According to Claudio Scordino on 8/2/2007 3:54 AM:
>>>>>> fatal error - could not load shell32, Win32 error 487
>> Ok, I've posted an email to cygwin-apps describing this issue.
>Wasn't necessary. This list was already the correct list to be posting to.
>> I put the info also here,
>Nothing jumps out at me; you don't have any installation problems, and you
>are using XP Pro (I use XP home). Hmm, I wonder if you need to do a
>rebaseall? You already have it installed, so exit all cygwin processes,
>use Windows cmd.com to start an instance of c:\cygwin\bin\ash, and from
>there, execute '/bin/rebaseall'. (And I found those instructions by
>looking at the first hit for a google on 'win32 error 487').
>Beyond that, I am running out of ideas. I'm not seeing any evidence of
>PATH being altered incorrectly, or of too many arguments or environment
>variables such that truncation occurs when invoking git-read-tree. Does
>the error always occur with the same output, or does it fail at different
It does sound like something is being loaded into the address space that
shell32.dll is expecting to occupy so rebaseall may fix this.
Running under gdb might provide more info too.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html