This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Is this information indicated that I have installed sshd successfully?
- From: swang at email dot unc dot edu
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:24:33 -0400
- Subject: Is this information indicated that I have installed sshd successfully?
I am beginner. I tried to install sshd server under win XP. For God
sake, I search a wrong instruction beofore on google. Somebody in this
mailing list corrected me. I reinstalled the fresh win Xp and installed
sshd server following the official instruction.
This is how I did:
1. download the setup.exe
2. installed as default except choosing openssh package
3. start cygwin on the desktop
4. type ssh-host-config -c options -p 22 -w pwd
I answered all questions as yes including the question: do you want
to install local user sshd server?
5. type ssh-user-config -p XXX0091
6. when I tried to install sshd server using cygrunsrv through typing
cygrunsrv -I -p/usr/sbin/sshd.exe -a -D
it has some error which said the service has been existed
7. ssh localhost asked me passphrase for key and also show a fingerprint
I input the passord XXX0091
8. I used another computer which has installed putty before
type my Server Ip address: 152.X.XXX.XX (x is number)
9. network timeout. cannot log on
Is there anybody who can give me some helps please? I will highly
appreciate your help.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html