This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Permissions issue with managed mounts
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Andrew Kruse <andrew dot kruse at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:51:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Permissions issue with managed mounts
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Andrew Kruse wrote:
> I'm trying to create a new managed mount point and am running into
> some problems.
> The exact command I am running: (after successfully creating both
> /usr/.managed/portage and /usr/portage as myself in the cygwin shell)
> mount -o managed `cygpath -m /usr/.managed/portage` /usr/portage
> Results in:
> mount: /usr/portage: Permission denied
> attached is the output of cygcheck -svr and also my /etc/passwd and
> /etc/group files. I don't know that I have a complete grasp of what
> the correct configuration for those files is, but don't understand why
> I can create a directory and not subsequently mount it as managed.
Try "mount -f -o managed `cygpath -m /usr/.managed/portage` /usr/portage".
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous. -- Frank Herbert
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html