Re: Copy text from secured PDF

pdftotext.exe, part of the XPDF package, can be recompiled with a /*
comment */ cut around the permission-to-copy/print code.

Probably the other programs will also work but since the PDF files
being spammed just a few lines of text and all I want to do is forward
the text to the Securities and Exchange Commission and maybe the
Chinese Consulate (they seem to be spamming Chinese stocks) that's
enough for me.

So if you have a LEGITIMATE reason to prevent the reader of a PDF file
from copying/printing don't use this method because it is very easy to
break - it depends on the co-operation of the reading program. And
open source reading programs can cease to co-operate.

Bob, I'm sure I will be sued by the author of the PDF, especially if
he can testify about the whole pump and dump conspiracy and not take
the Fifth Amendment.