This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Support for gettext-0.16.1
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 04:13:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: Support for gettext-0.16.1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tony Anecito wrote:
Okay so there is no mirror that has the gettext 0.16.1
for easy install using setup.exe.
Is there some way to install that version of gettext
tar xvzf gettext-0.16.1.tar.gz
configure ## --prefix=/usr if you feel lucky
I was told by another group to stop using cygwin
because it did not support this version of gettext.
That makes sense. Discard 2GB worth of ported software, posix support,
and a sane programming environment, because one minor library is a few
months out of date.
I think I'd reconsider any "advice" from a group capable of such, erm,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html