This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: die cygwin perlld and ld2, die!
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:56:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: die cygwin perlld and ld2, die!
- References: <76F97D29CEDF4D97BA3004F2C2B2EF08@desktop2> <email@example.com> <FCAC8B1EEB2D47EB8D55FB8C2C7A0774@desktop2> <46A65A46.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46A7ADF5.email@example.com> <20070725203131.GA15181@kirk.peters.homeunix.org> <46A7BC2C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reini Urban schrieb:
Steve Peters schrieb:
die! /usr/bin/perlld and /usr/bin/ld2, die!
Patch soon after proper testing.
Sounds fine to me. I've run into quite a few problems with ld2 with
multiple Perls on the same Cygwin installation.
Exactly. I have maint and blead together and had to remove the perl
version suffix from ld2.
perlld is kosher however, because the version embedded there is just
needed for compiling the cygperlx.dll, not for any XS.
But the real problem is for compiling C++ XS modules or for Inline:CPP.
This cannot be done now.
FYI: patch posted to p5p.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html