This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error when attempting to start inetd
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:36:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Error when attempting to start inetd
- Openpgp: url=hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
- References: <A7A043E14D064EADBF1214005E4DAA7F@FAMILYROOM>
Michael Grand wrote:
> It appears as though "inetd --install-as-service" is either bugged or I
> somehow used it incorrectly (although I can't see how that would have
> happened, it's pretty straight forward). I reinstalled inetutils and
> instead of running "inetd --install-as-service" I ran this command:
> 'cygrunsrv -I inetd -p /usr/sbin/inetd -d "CYGWIN inetd"' and I can now
> start the inetd service. However, inetd now stops automatically after 7
You are missing (at least) one parameter:
cygrunsrv -I inetd -p /usr/sbin/inetd --args "-D" -d "CYGWIN inetd"
If you don't tell inetd to run in the foreground it will run as a daemon, which
is not what cygrunsrv expects (unless you also use -x).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html