Re: How to rename file case-sensitive?

Jeff Hawk wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On
Behalf Of Andrew DeFaria
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:03 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: How to rename file case-sensitive?

Fergus wrote:
rename foo Foo
Wish it was so easy. The syntax is
rename from to filelist
so here you need
rename foo Foo foo
Fergus
How about:

$ mv foo bar && mv bar foo

Looks like a NOOP to me
Dang! I used to have "Foo" at the end!

--Jeff

NAVIGON Inc. is one of the worldâs leading providers of navigation products and software solutions. NAVIGON makes its own award-winning navigation brand consumer products and creates software solutions for OEM customers operating in personal navigation, wireless, and automotive sectors. For more information, visit www.navigon.com.

Recent International Product Awards:
- Best Hardware, Retail Vision 2007
- Red Dot âBest of the Bestâ Award 2007
- Best Navigation Application, Telematics Detroit 2007

*The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.
Dang 2! Not *that's* a long sig. I always chuckle at the silly attempt to make this legal statement. It carries absolutely 0 weight but company's still force you to put them one (I'm guessing you're forced...). Tell me, if I did "disseminate or distribute" the contents of your messages do you really believe that some how you saying I was "strictly prohibited" from using it it would somehow bind me in any legal sense of the word? Indeed you putting out information on the public internet is akin to shouting in the park and you can't then attempt to prohibit anybody that hears/sees your public ramblings... (well you *could* attempt it but you would not succeed)
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Advice - Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your forehead.