RE: Problem with Text mounts after updating using setup.exe

> From: Igor Peshansky
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Bart van der Werf wrote:
>
> > After upgrading cygwin some of my textmode mount files
> started to have
> > additional 0x0d characters.
>
> You won't get them on a binmode mount.  Looks like grep opens
> the input and output in binmode.  The shell redirection opens
> the output in the mode of the mount where the output is to be
> placed.  Thus, grep prints out the full input string
> (including the CR) and the shell happily prepends another CR
> to the LF.
>
> A workaround would be to put the output file on a binmode
> mount.  Another thing that *might* work is using input
> redirection as well as output (i.e., "grep a < test.txt > test2.txt").
>
> FWIW, I can't reproduce this with grep-2.5.1a-2, which means
> this behavior was introduced in -4.
> HTH,
> 	Igor

Hi Igor

Yes i'm using -4

I can't figure out how to get to an older version to see if this
localizes the problem, hints ?

I prefer not to have to add workarounds, this problem is visible in the
department buildtools, a rather large set of hundreds of make scripts,
luckily must users haven't upgraded yet.

If someone else could confirm it would help with making a bit more
formal bugreport if someone is intrested.

Greets, Bart