This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Configure error from Cygwin CVS HEAD
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:45:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Configure error from Cygwin CVS HEAD
- References: <46C8EE8D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
David Rothenberger wrote:
> Although the former and current values look the same, the former
> value actually has two trailing spaces while the current value has
> only one. The attached patch solves the problem for me, but I doubt
> it is the appropriate way to fix this. Is there a better way?
This is an old bug that has bitten all the various 'src' projects
(cygwin, newlib, gcc, binutils) in various places. It looks like all of
them still have not been stamped out yet.
According to the last link, this is fixed in autoconf 2.60, however the
src tree still uses 2.59 as a rule. It is a big pain to change these
requirements as it involves everyone who works on any affected project
to have that exact version installed locally when regenerating and
checking in generated files.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html