executing C program in cygwin

I have the following problem: I would like to execute a C program from the
cygwin console. This program is supposed to get its input from another file,
so what I type into the cygwin console is

/path to the program/programname<filename

This worked fine yesterday, however today all i get is the message "bash:
filename: no such file or directory". I must admit that I shifted the
directory containing all that stuff around a little bit, but the file is
still in that directory, so I have no idea what the problem is. Please help!
Thanks.