RE: executing C program in cygwin

On 22 August 2007 12:48, Enna wrote:

> I have the following problem: I would like to execute a C program from the
> cygwin console. This program is supposed to get its input from another file,
> so what I type into the cygwin console is
>
> /path to the program/programname<filename
>
> This worked fine yesterday, however today all i get is the message "bash:
> filename: no such file or directory". I must admit that I shifted the
> directory containing all that stuff around a little bit, but the file is
> still in that directory, so I have no idea what the problem is. Please help!

  Well, bash hasn't changed since yesterday, so it's pretty hard to think of any
other cause than that you did, in fact, mess up somehow when you moved stuff
around.  The problem with claiming something generic like

> so what I type into the cygwin console is
>
> /path to the program/programname<filename

is that none of us know if that's actually what you did, or if you typo'd it, or
anything else like that, so if one of your assumptions is wrong, nobody can
double-check it for you.

  That's why you should have shown us actual cut-and-pasted output from your
shell window, showing you trying to execute the program, and showing you running
"ls -l" on the same path.  Please show us that, and we'll be able to take a look
at the perms at the same time as double-checking that the file is actually where
it's supposed to be.

    cheers,
      DaveK