RE: octave configure on cygwin snapshot

On 30 August 2007 01:40, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Dave Korn on 8/29/2007 11:00 AM:
>>
>>   It would be worth going back through the archives; IIRC, this was a
>> recent change made by CV in response to a PR on the list.  Any un-cautious
>> solution would probably just regress back the original bug...
>
> It was this commit:
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2007-q3/msg00003.html
>
> But I don't see any list traffic related to char *timezone() vs. long
> timezone in that timeframe.

  Good catch.  So, the OP's problem should be solved by defining
__timezonefunc__, or by "#define timezone timezone".  Struct tags live in a
separate namespace from functions and variables, it's only the #define below
that indiscriminately mungs the word 'timezone' in the struct tag that's
causing the problem.

    cheers,
      DaveK