This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin's setup.exe fails to start - error "C:\...\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:11:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin's setup.exe fails to start - error "C:\...\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I downloaded the Cygwin setup.exe and attempted to run it.
I first received an "Open File - Security Warning" dialog
box with the message "The publisher could not be verified.
Are you sure you want to run this software. ... ". I then
clicked on the "Run" button and received the message
"C:\Documents and Settings\David\Application
Data\Cygwin\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application." in
a dialog box with an "OK" button only.
I would appreciate any suggestions you can provide. Thank
you for your help.
So you're running Vista then?
Try downloading it again. I just did so and it ran fine. Cygwin's
'setup.exe' is a valid Win32 application. If that doesn't work, make
sure you're running it with administrator privileges.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html