This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cross-device mv regression in latest snapshot
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:18:54 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cross-device mv regression in latest snapshot
- References: <loom.20070831T154456email@example.com>
Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:
> I'm trying to track down a breakage in cross-device moves in the latest
> CVS code, whether it is in coreutils-9.6-5 or due to a recent cygwin change,
> although my current suspect is Corinna's changes.
I've ruled out my changes in coreutils-9.6-5, as a fresh CVS coreutils build
exhibits the same problem. Rather, via a gdb trace, it appears this call is
open("file2", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_EXCL | O_BINARY, 0600);
It is creating the file on the samba share, then returning -1 as the fd.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html