This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Danny Smith stepping down as MinGW maintainer
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:58:29 -0400
- Subject: Danny Smith stepping down as MinGW maintainer
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Danny Smith sent email to the MinGW lists yesterday indicating that he
was stepping down as a maintainer. This is very sad news. Danny was
the key person responsible for most of the improvements made to gcc and
binutils for windows in the last couple of years. His contributions
will be sorely missed. This is a real blow for Windows versions of gcc
and binutils on both MinGW and Cygwin.
In any event, I hope everyone will join with me to wish Danny the very
best of luck in whatever he pursues next. He's going to be an asset
whereever he goes and whatever he does.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html