This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, angray at beeb dot net
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 06:07:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"
- References: <00d901c7ed67$f1ef3a70$0400a8c0@ze4427wm>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Aaron Gray on 9/2/2007 7:48 AM:
> On doing a 'tar -czf ...' I am getting the following message for each
> subdirectory - "file changed as we read it"
> Anyone know whats going on ?
I know in the past this has been a problem with remote shares that don't
have stable inode numbers, but as you haven't posted cygcheck output, I
can't say for sure that it is your problem:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Don't work too hard, make some time for fun as well!
Eric Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html