*From:* Jan Dubois [mailto:jand@activestate.com]
*Sent:* Monday, September 10, 2007 12:06 PM
*To:* John Neil
*Cc:* 'Reini Urban'
*Subject:* RE: Win32Core module question

Hi John,

Sorry for the slow response; I was extremely busy the whole last week and didn’t reply to most non-work email.

I have CC’ed this message to Reini, who is the Cygwin maintainer for the Perl packages and might have a better idea what is going on.

From my point of view it looks like this: The perl-libwin32 package was updated to version 0.27, which no longer contains the Win32 module, but there is no separate perl-win32 package.

I’m somewhat surprised that this hasn’t come up earlier. The best way forward from my point of view would be to build a new perl-libwin32-0.27-2 package that includes Win32. This will then need to be removed again once Cygwin updates to Perl 5.8.9 or 5.10.

Cheers,
-Jan