This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: sftp removing writable bit
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:04:29 +0100
- Subject: RE: sftp removing writable bit
- References: <46E7FB17.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12 September 2007 15:44, John J. Culkin wrote:
> I am seeing an issue with Cygwin's sftp. It seems that after I upload a
> file that overwrites an existing file, the writable bit is removed. This
> prevents me from uploading a new version of the file.
> The files are owned by the SFTP user.
> Any Ideas?
<puts fingers to temples, strikes a stage mind-reader pose>
Is it because you made a wrapper script on the server that sets the umask to
002 before starting the sftp server, by any chance?
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html