Re: Whither /dev/null ?

I'm wondering what is the best way to deal with this? I'd like the
scripts to work straight out of the box and not have to make the users
create their own /dev and creating it for them would be tedious because
every script would have to check for this...

Any advice?
Puzzled about nothing.

Did you try it without doing mkdir /dev first? It should still work fine.

Lewis@LDH-Laptop ~
$ ls -l /dev
ls: cannot access /dev: No such file or directory

Lewis@LDH-Laptop ~
$ ls -l /dev/null
crw-rw-rw- 1 Lewis None 1, 3 Sep 14 11:12 /dev/null

-Lewis