Re: sftp removing writable bit

* Robert Kiesling (Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:57:32 -0400 (EDT))
> > * Andrew DeFaria (Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:19:00 -0700)
> > > I understand that.
> > > Simple. Just ssh <remotemachine> ls /path.
> >
> > Andrew, please, stop it. Do you really don't understand the difference
> > between a simple command line tool like scp and a client that offers
> > extended functionality?!
> I should know better than to get involved with a budding flame war
> like this'un.

This is no "flaming war". It's just nonsense to say "everything I can
do with foo I can do with bar, too". Of course you can do everything
you can do with mutt also with telnet to port 110. It's not /what/ you
can do but /how/.

> What, "extended functionality," are you referring to,

Jason R. DePriest described the difference between a simple command
you run and a SFTP/SCP client quite well in [1].

If you still don't know what he's talking about, I refer you to the
man page of yafc[2] or lftp[3] for example.

> besides a graphical user interface?

GUI? What are you talking about?