Re: sftp removing writable bit

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
This is no "flaming war". It's just nonsense to say "everything I can do with foo I can do with bar, too".
Actually, no, it's not nonsense at all. In fact it's a very good argument!
Of course you can do everything you can do with mutt also with telnet to port 110. It's not /what/ you can do but /how/.
Not at all analogous...
What, "extended functionality," are you referring to,
Jason R. DePriest described the difference between a simple command you run and a SFTP/SCP client quite well in [1].
[1] what? Difference? Yes. Advantage? Not necessarily...
If you still don't know what he's talking about, I refer you to the man page of yafc[2] or lftp[3] for example.
Yes, why bother explaining yourself...
besides a graphical user interface?
GUI? What are you talking about?

Thorsten

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/92306
Again, this tells you nothing other than sftp gives you a shell. BFD! ssh gives you a frigging shell...
[2] http://yafc.sourceforge.net/manual/index.php
[3] http://lftp.yar.ru/lftp-man.html
Neither of these are particularly compelling...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.