This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: executing an executable
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Cole Radcliffe <coleradcliffe at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:31:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: executing an executable
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Cole Radcliffe wrote:
> I do an ls -la and I see I have an executable called "executable.exe".
> I chmod to 777. Then I try to type "execut" and I press tab and it
> does not find it. When I type in the entire name and press enter, bash
> says the command is not found! It works fine on cygwin-x.
The FAQ is your friend:
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous. -- Frank Herbert
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html