This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.24-2 question about using echo on remote node.
- From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:32:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.5.24-2 question about using echo on remote node.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 9/17/07, Prakash Babu <> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am trying to run the following command using cygwin
> on a remote node using ssh.
> /bin/sh -c 'echo Number=\"1234567\" >> /tmp/file1'
> The command executes successfully but the file has
> content Number=1234567(double quotes missing) instead
> of Number="1234567".
> The same command works as expected when i run it from
> red hat Linux.
> Any idea on why this is happening.
If I cut and paste your command directly from your email and into my
rxvt bash window, it runs properly (double-quotes are in the resulting
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
might help narrow it down.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html