Re: ssh ProxyCommand not finding anything to execute

On 9/17/2007 11:38 AM, SQueeZe wrote:
I have installed cwRsync which has the OpenSSH client version 4.5.

You should probably ask for support from the cwRsync project.

> I should be able to type in the following:

ssh -v -o ProxyCommand="connect -H -d proxy:8085 %h 443" user@myhomepc

However I get the following error:

OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006
debug1: Executing proxy command: exec connect.exe -H proxy:8085 myhomepc 443
debug1: permanently_drop_suid: 400
/bin/sh: No such file or directory

OpenSSH invokes "/bin/sh -c proxycmd" (see sshconnect.c line 98 in the 4.7 sources) and the cwRsync package does not include sh. Even if you included sh.exe in your installation directory, I doubt it would work because you won't have the Cygwin mount table setup so that /bin/sh would map to the correct directory.

You really should raise this with the cwRsync developers.

Duty, n:
        What one expects from others.
                -- Oscar Wilde