This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: dd Bug using \.\PhysicalDriveX ?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:48:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Re: dd Bug using \.\PhysicalDriveX ?
- References: <200709201417.l8KEHiqL002442@zuul.kastle.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sep 20 10:14, Scalzott, Todd wrote:
> Thank you for the correction on coreutils.
> Yes, I am using cmd.exe. The quotes are necessary (try it) or dd goes
> off searching for an UNC.
> I have no problem using /dev/sdb, etc., but others that need to know
> how to do a simple image burn do. So believe it or not, the physical
> drive mapping is easier for them.
But it won't work as you expect. There's special handling for the
raw devices which only works if the used device name is the POSIX
device name. If you're using the unsupported \\.\foo syntax, you're
on your own. If it doesn't work... *shrug*.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html