Re: screen reattach not working?

On 2007-10-04, Damjan Lango wrote:
> Hi!
> What is the current status of screen reattach?
> For me it does not work under the default cygwin bash shell, which
> uses cmd console afaik and it does not work under cygwin sshd. The
> only way it works is under cygwin rxvt. I would most like to use it
> under sshd.
> What's the magic to make it work? :)

I just tested my setup and it works fine.  I didn't set up anything
specially as far as I know.

   +-----------+          +------------+       +------------+
   | Windows   |          | Solaris    |       | Cygwin     |
   | +-------+ |  rlogin  | +--------+ |       | +--------+ |
   | |       | |   VPN    | |        | |  ssh  | |        | |
   | | PuTTy |--------------|  ksh   |-----------|  bash  | |
   | |       | |          | | screen | |       | | screen | |
   | |       | |          | |  ksh   | |       | |  bash  | |

I can detach the screen session running under Cygwin, log out and
back in, reconnect screen and the screen window looks the same as
when I detached.

I would not expect screen to work from a console.  What kind of
terminal are you using when you try to use it "under cygwin sshd"?

Regards,
Gary