Re: Problem with cppunit: Segmentation Fault

Heiko Selber wrote:

> I have a problem with cppunit and cygwin: Whenever I try to run a cppunit
> test, all I get is a core dump.
>
> Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.
>
> For example, the cppunit home page
> http://cppunit.sourceforge.net/cppunit-wiki/FrontPage points to a very small
> cppunit example at http://pantras.free.fr/articles/helloworld.html .
>
> I can compile and run it on Linux (e.g. SuSE 10): $> g++ Hello.cpp  -lcppunit
> -ldl $> ./a.out Test::testHelloWorldHello, world! : OK $>
>
> When I try the same under cygwin, it compiles apparently well, but calling
> ./a.exe produces "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". The dump
[snip]

Can't reproduce the problem, look:

$ g++ Hello.cpp  -lcppunit
Info: resolving vtable for CppUnit::TestSuiteBuilderContextBaseby linking to
__imp___ZTVN7CppUnit27TestSuiteBuilderContextBaseE (auto-import)

$ ./a.exe
Test::testHelloWorldHello, world!
 : OK

I'm using cppunit 1.12.0 (latest release, it builds out of the box), did not
test with the version distributed as Cygwin package.
--
René Berber